PAST Logo Palo Alto Stanford Heritage

Home Architects & Builders  Holiday House Tour Newsletters Walking Tours
About PAST Centennial Houses INVENTORY Preservation Awards Contact PAST
Advocacy History and Architecture Articles   Master Index to Houses Resources  

Palo Alto Historic Buildings Inventory

367 University Avenue

367 map
Photo taken May 2, 2015 Location Map

 

The following is from the Historic Buildings Inventory as revised in 1986 when this was prepared:

Physical appearance:   Not included on inventory sheet.

Significance:  Built for and occupied by [a grocery store] the Sunshine Company (dairies); the structure was remodeled for Katherine A. Perry in 1931. During the next fifteen years it was occupied by Millbrae and Olden's creameries and restaurant. From 1944 to 1954 it was the Hage Music Shop, and from 1955 to 1962, Rapp's Shoe Store. Various shops came in during the remainder of the 1960s, followed by Household finance in the 1970s, and the present occupant [Stanford S & L Assn.] thenceforth.

The owner in 1986 was Caroline P. Sevy.

 

This structure was built in 1922 and is a Category 4 on the Historic Buildings Inventory. Remodeling was done by Black and Campbell in 1931. The property measures 25 by 135 feet. It was added to the Inventory on 9/18/89.

Sources: Palo Alto City Directories; Palo Alto Times 8/1/22, 4/29/31.

Top


FaceBook f

E-mail us at either webmaster@pastheritage.org or president@pastheritage.org.

PAST Logo Palo Alto Stanford Heritage—Dedicated to the preservation of Palo Alto's historic buildings.