PAST Logo Palo Alto Stanford Heritage

Home Architects & Builders  Holiday House Tour Newsletters Walking Tours
About PAST Centennial Houses INVENTORY Preservation Awards Contact PAST
Advocacy History and Architecture Articles   Master Index to Houses Resources  

Palo Alto Historic Buildings Inventory

644 Forest Avenue — demolished

inventory photo map
Inventory photo Location Map

 

The following is from the Historic Buildings Inventory as revised in 1985:

Physical appearance:   Brick, stucco, and wood are combined in this modest but handsome Craftsman bungalow.

Significance:  A good example of its type and style. It was built for Harry Vandervoort and occupied from 1913 to 1936 by J. R. Selby.

Clara M. Kremer was the tenant from 1950 – 1958, but most occupants have resided in it for shorter periods. It became the Wladmier and Alexandra Yourieff property in 1962.

 

This house was built in 1912 and is a Category 4 on the Historic Buildings Inventory. The architect and builder are unknown. The property measures 50 by 200 feet.

Sources: Palo Alto City Directories; Palo Alto Times 6/29/12

Top


FaceBook f

E-mail us at either webmaster@pastheritage.org or president@pastheritage.org.

PAST Logo Palo Alto Stanford Heritage—Dedicated to the preservation of Palo Alto's historic buildings.