Palo Alto Stanford Heritage
|Home||Architects & Builders||Holiday House Tour||Newsletters||Walking Tours|
|About PAST||Centennial Houses||INVENTORY||Preservation Awards||Contact PAST|
|Advocacy||History and Architecture Articles||Master Index to Houses||Resources|
|Inventory photo||Photo taken 2011|
The following is from the Historic Buildings Inventory as revised in 1985:
This Queen Anne extravaganza has turrets, towers, turned wood work, decorative carving, and extensive grounds. Early photographs indicate some alteration to the top left-hand tower has occurred.
This is a very find design, an example of the fanciful full-blown Queen Anne style.
It was built for $6500 for Mrs. A. G. Herzinger, who occupied it until about 1907. From then until 1920 it was the property of Ernest R. (an automobile agent) and Angie smith. From time to time it stood vacant in the twenties and thirties.
Clifton H. Woodhams was the occupant form 1948 – 1955. He was a Stanford graduate born in Los Altos, who had a long and successful career in Redwood City with the San Mateo County title Co. He helped establish the municipal band and Peninsula Symphony, was a trustee of the Sequoia school district for 16 years, and in 1969 was named Redwood City's "outstanding citizen of the year."
From 1965 until just a few years ago, the owners were Robert and Vivian Blomenkamp. In 2002 the home was part of the PAST Holiday House Tour.
|September 28, 2013 photo|
|Historic Photo||Location map|
This house was built in 1896, is a Category 2 on the Historic Buildings Inventory and was acknowledged by the Historic Resources Board as a Landmark. It was honored with a PAST Preservation Award in 2002. The architect was C. H. Barrett and the builder M. P. Madison. The property measures 50 by 184.4 feet.
E-mail us at either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Stanford Heritage—Dedicated to the preservation of Palo Alto's historic buildings.
Copyright © 2016 Palo Alto Stanford Heritage. All rights reserved.