PAST Logo Palo Alto Stanford Heritage

Home Architects & Builders  Holiday House Tour Newsletters Walking Tours
About PAST Centennial Houses INVENTORY Preservation Awards Contact PAST
Advocacy History and Architecture Articles   Master Index to Houses Resources  

Palo Alto Historic Buildings Inventory

525 East Crescent Drive

Inventory photo 525 East Crescent
Inventory photo 525 East Crescent Drive

 

The following is from the Historic Buildings Inventory as revised in 1985:

Physical appearance:   The L–shaped Spanish Colonial Revival house combines a variety of forms in its two–story composition. It offers a wide choice of entries and fenestration forms.

Significance:   The compositional variety of design elements in this work of a major Bay Area designer add interest and a sense of the unexpected. The original owners were Frederick and Olive Schneider. Schneider was a well know local attorney (a partner of Samuel W. Charles —see 251 Lincoln Avenue) who took his degrees at Stanford and was Palo Alto police judge 1902–1904. After 1935, the principal owners were Ray E. Neidig (1939 – 1956), immediately followed by Rolf and Miriam Landshoff.

gate location map
2012 photo Location map

This house was built in 1926 and is a Category 4 on the Historic Buildings Inventory. The architect was Gardner A. Dailey and the builder, H. H. Dabinett. The property measures 101.4 x 190.3 feet.

Sources: Palo Alto City Directories; Palo Alto Times 5/25/26, 1/23/34; interview 1985, Miriam Landshoff

Top


FaceBook f

E-mail us at either webmaster@pastheritage.org or president@pastheritage.org.

PAST Logo Palo Alto Stanford Heritage—Dedicated to the preservation of Palo Alto's historic buildings.