PAST Logo Palo Alto Stanford Heritage

Home Architects & Builders  Holiday House Tour Newsletters Walking Tours
About PAST Centennial Houses INVENTORY Preservation Awards Contact PAST
Advocacy History and Architecture Articles   Master Index to Houses Resources  

Palo Alto Historic Buildings Inventory

751 and 761 Everett Avenue

751 and garage both houses
Inventory photo Photo taken January 25, 2016

 

The following is from the Historic Buildings Inventory as revised in 1985:

Physical appearance:   The form of this pair of small stucco one-story Mission Revival houses is echoed at slightly reduced scale in their shared garage. The symmetrical placement of the units lends a formality and dignity to the ensemble which are rare in such modest structures.

Significance:  This is a very fine composition of buildings which are individually good examples of their style. Both have served as rental units whose tenants rarely occupied them for more than a year or two. The occupant whose tenure was notably longer was F. Frank Klockman, a contractor, who lived at 761 Everett from 1956 – 1966. Esther Reller of Menlo Park was the owner in 1983.

 

751 761
751 Everett 761 Everett
shared garage map

These houses were built in 1916 and are a Category 4 on the Historic Buildings Inventory. The builder was C. H. Fuller from Menlo Park. The property measures 100 by 50 feet.

Sources: Palo Alto City Directories; Palo Alto Times 3/25/16, 6/16/61, 8/25/69, 3/13/70

Top


FaceBook f

E-mail us at either webmaster@pastheritage.org or president@pastheritage.org.

PAST Logo Palo Alto Stanford Heritage—Dedicated to the preservation of Palo Alto's historic buildings.