PAST Logo Palo Alto Stanford Heritage

Home Architects & Builders  Holiday House Tour Newsletters Walking Tours
About PAST Centennial Houses INVENTORY Preservation Awards Contact PAST
Advocacy History and Architecture Articles   Master Index to Houses Resources  

Palo Alto Historic Buildings Inventory

200 Coleridge Avenue

inventory photo location map
Photo taken in 1978.

The following is from the Historic Buildings Inventory as revised in 1985:

Physical appearance:   This stucco Spanish Colonial Revival house is made grander by its elevation one–half story above the ground. The window treatment and the elaborate relief decoration at the entry hint at the Churrigueresque. The grounds are lushly planted.

Significance: This fine example of the Spanish Colonial Revival is enhanced by its landscaping. It was built for Frank W. Erlin, a San Francisco insurance broker, who occupied it until 1933. Later owners of substantial tenure included W. A. Radford (1936–1961) and the present occupants, Jules and Shirley Riskin (1978).

This house was built in 1924 and is a Category 4 on the Historic Buildings Inventory. The architect was William Crim of San Francisco. The builder was J. W. Carpenter. The property measures 150 by 150 feet.

Sources: Palo Alto City Directories; Palo Alto Times 8/28, 16 [sic], 9/2/24; interview 1983, John C. Beckett, Frank Erlin, Shirley Riskin

Top


FaceBook f

E-mail us at either webmaster@pastheritage.org or president@pastheritage.org.

PAST Logo Palo Alto Stanford Heritage—Dedicated to the preservation of Palo Alto's historic buildings.