PAST Logo Palo Alto Stanford Heritage

Home Architects & Builders  Holiday House Tour Newsletters Walking Tours
About PAST CENTENNIAL HOUSES Inventory Preservation Awards Contact PAST
Advocacy History and Architecture Articles   MASTER INDEX to HOUSES Resources  

110 Waverley Street

Built in 1918

110

This cottage was built for Frank W. Bowers and his wife, Florence, at a cost of $2,500. Mr. Bowers worked as a clerk at Thoits shoe store. Wallace Denny and his wife, Nellie, owned the house 1924-1935. He was an athletic trainer for Stanford, and worked with Glenn “Pop” Warner; he followed Warner to Temple University, but returned to the Bay Area and died here in 1955. Later occupants were George W. and Josephine G. Johnson, (Johnson was a window trimmer for JF Hink & Son); W.H. and Doris Jones; Ray F. Robinson; and Craig A. Blyth. The current owner is Nancy Merritt, who purchased the property in 1984.

Photos taken April 17, 2018:

sidewalk

sidewalk

Photo taken April 17, 2018:

Miriam Palm photo

Photo taken March 20, 2012:

porch

The owner of this house accepted a centennial plaque.

Top


FaceBook f

E-mail us at either webmaster@pastheritage.org or president@pastheritage.org.

PAST Logo Palo Alto Stanford Heritage—Dedicated to the preservation of Palo Alto's historic buildings.